Risk Manager (N3B)
- Job Title
- Risk Manager (N3B)
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 84545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Risk Manager to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Laboratory supporting N3B.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts. L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
POSITION DESCRIPTION:The Risk Manager will work under the direction of the Performance Excellence and Assurance Manager. Your role as a Risk Manager will include:
While effectively collaborating with other team members, your role will be commensurate with your experience and extend across the breadth and depth of the risk management work described above. A typical day is fast paced, you will be multi-tasking, prioritizing and completing activities in many of the areas, including the field and at the same time contributing to longer term programmatic improvements. We will work with you to obtain the required skills and experience to make you successful.
- Maintain Project Risk Management Plan,
- Lead discussions to collect risk information from technical leads and project team,
- Conduct risk identification sessions,
- Maintain risk register,
- Support risk handline plans,
- Estimate cost and schedule impacts,
- Perform quantitative risk analysis (i.e. Monte Carlo).
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSBachelors degree in relevant field and at least three years experience supporting risk management programs. Eight years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate has been chosen
- Working knowledge of risk management,
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products,
- Experience with Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis tools and Access/SQL Server,
- Experience with Earned Value Management Reporting,
- Willingness to learn new skills and software,
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently,
- Ability to use independent judgement for determining courses of action,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program; and onsite access to Los Alamos National Laboratory,
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values,
- Must be a U.S. citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Los Alamos, NM - This position requires 95%+ on-site work (infrequent telework) and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this covid environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.