Contractor Assurance Supervisor/Manager
- Job Title
- Contractor Assurance Supervisor/Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 84545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Contractor Assurance System (CAS) Supervisor / Manager to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Laboratory supporting N3B.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The N3B Mission Assurance team are accountable for implementing an effective CAS through the implementation of contract requirements, DOE Directives, and industry best practices to demonstrate reasonable assurance that N3B management controls are effective, efficient and drive a culture of continuous improvement. CAS achieves this by managing and supporting the implementation of an integrated suite of tools and processes for N3B, including Corrective Action, Causal Analysis, Lessons Learned, Performance Indicators, Assessments and Event Management.
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a Contractor Assurance Systems (CAS) Supervisor / Manager to continue to mature the implementation of the Contractor Assurance Systems (CAS) Program, including policies, processes, procedures and applications, contributing to the overall mission objectives through the application of effective CAS programs and comprehensive analysis of CAS related data to identify trends, risks, and potential impacts to N3B operations.
Under the direction of the Mission Assurance Director, the CAS Supervisor / Manager leads efforts to ensure N3B’s CAS program elements and responsibilities are broadly understood across the organization and implemented in a manner that meets requirements, provides N3B management with understanding the health of mission delivery, promotes and influences continuous improvement, and supports all N3B employees with implementation. Individual will also lead, train, develop, and manage CAS staff.
- Implements the NB3 Contractor Assurance System in compliance with contractual requirements and the CAS Description,
- Manages the NB3 CAS organization resources and tasks to enable and achieve N3B mission objectives,
- Ensures full and effective implementation of the N3B CAS Description,
- Ensures staff are properly trained and qualified to execute responsibilities including ongoing development,
- Leads and coordinate a cross-organizational team to assure accomplishment of team objectives,
- Interfaces with various stakeholders including N3B Program Managers, N3B staff and EM-LA personnel,
- Collaborates with N3B leaders to assess and determine continuous improvement objectives and priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in one or combination of the following: Quality Assurance, Contractor / Performance Assurance, nuclear or highly regulated / high hazard programs,
- Complete understanding and knowledge of Contractor Assurance Systems, or the elements thereof (see Position Description),
- Expert level math, grammar, spelling, and punctuation,
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to handle communication with technical and non-technical peers, customers, and stakeholders,
- Strong teamwork and customer support skills,
- Analytical ability and innovative thinking to solve technical problems,
- Knowledge of business and specialized software,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Satisfactory results of a pre-employment screening, which includes a background check and drug screening; and onsite access to Los Alamos National Laboratory,
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on Department of Energy (DOE) sites and with DOE programs,
- Knowledge and previous experience with implementation of Quality Assurance Programs, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1, DOE O 414.1D. Experience with implementation of DOE O 226.1.B Oversight Policy,
- Previous experience with nuclear or highly regulated / high hazard programs including experience with corrective action and Quality Assurance systems,
- Experienced facilitator,
- Experienced cause analyst and or event investigator,
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques (Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma),
- Experience with development and implementation of performance indicators,
- Experience with development and implementation of Assessment of Oversight Programs,
- Adaptable and flexible.
This position is primarily onsite, with the occasional telework approved in advance, and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. When reporting onsite, this position will follow the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.