Performance Assurance Specialist
- Job Title
- Performance Assurance Specialist
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Performance Assurance Specialist to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Sandia National Laboratory.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The Performance Assurance Specialist will provide quality and performance assurance support to an R&D facility. This service will be matrixed from ES&H Performance Assurance to provide R&D facility quality and performance assurance support in accordance with ES&H Performance Assurance and NTESS Corporate policies and procedures. The candidate will, as applicable, follow Sandia Laboratory Policy System, Quality Assurance Processes QA001.3, Identify and Manage Issues, and QA001.4, Conduct Internal Assessments, MN471022, ES&H Manual, Environment Safety and Health Administrative Operating Procedures 18-04, ES&H Event Reporting and Management Processes and 04-04, Assessments.
Support activities may include assisting R&D facility personnel with:
- Conduct or participation in both line-led and support organizational (e.g., ES&H assessments)
- Participation in occurrence management activities (e.g., fact-finding, gathering witness statements, causal analysis, and related reviews (e.g., Extent of condition reviews)
- Support in Corrective action development, implementation, and documentation.
- Support of issues management including tracking system requirements and documenting issues into corporate systems
- Periodic updates and performance monitoring reports to management
- Development of lessons learned reports.
More specifically, the role may include:
- Programmatic development, improvement, and implementation of Contractor Assurance performance areas
- Issues Management (incl. facilitation of Management Review Board)
- Event Investigation
- Causal Analysis (incl. Coaching and Mentoring in addition to performing)
- Management Assessments and Integrated Assessment Schedule
- Observation process
- Lessons learned / Operating Experience
- Performance indicators and metrics
- DOE Occurrence Reporting and Office of Enforcement Reporting
- Programmatic development, improvement, and implementation of the Continuous Improvement Program
- Perform and/or coach and mentor others to perform Causal Analysis
- Perform and facilitate continuous improvement activities Incl. Kaizen and Rapid Improvement Events
- Support to process owners to implement improvement actions
- Measure improvement program success
- Development of effective performance indicators and metrics
- Identifying, analyzing, and effectively communicating issues and opportunities for improvement from multiple sources (incl. observations, oversight activities, performance data, metrics, indicators, trends, causal analyses, event investigations).
- Bachelors degree in relevant field and 10 years of demonstrated and relevant experience.
- The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of Contractor Assurance Systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible, work independently or part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Willingness to learn new skills and software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values
- Trained/certified Causal Analysis
- Albuquerque, NM
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.