R&D S&E Electronics Engineer (5468999)
- Job Title
- R&D S&E Electronics Engineer (5468999)
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM 87047
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated R&D S&E Electronics Engineer to contribute to our mission supporting our work at a national laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The Post-Fab Processing Logistics for ASICs (05236) is seeking an experienced, and motivated engineer with expertise to join our team working on evaluating packaging integrity of products for delivery. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for contributing as part of a team and leading efforts to analyze failures, track testing progress, and provide technical expertise on both electrical and mechanical failures of ASICs. Having a desire to learn and develop your own skills will be crucial and beneficial as you join a fun and motivated team to accomplish missions relevant to the Lab and to our nation. You will be working to support many different programs including B61 W88, Mk21, W80-4, W87-1, W76-1/2 and W93 programs.
On any given day you may be called on to:
- Function as the Principal Point of Contact to the Design Organization for each assigned product,
- Lead the implementation of product design, product definition, and/or continuous improvement initiatives,
- Provide guidance and direction to Process Engineers and Supply Chain Engineers and serve as a product consultant in daily operations,
- Lead or support continuous improvement activities to improve product producibility as measured by metrics including Span Time, Yields, Process Capability (Cpk) and on-time Delivery,
- Technical and Quality Oversight,
- Approve manufacturing changes as required,
- Review and Approve dispositions on Non-Conforming Material Reviews.
- Masters Degree and 4 years of related experience,
- Or Bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM field and 8 years or more of related experience.
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q Clearance,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Satisfactory results of a pre-employment screening, which includes a background check and drug screening,
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs,
- PhD in relevant STEM field,
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated abilities in effective leadership, negotiation, delegation, and conflict resolution in diverse team environments.
- ND or high rigor production,
- Product definition and configuration management tools and processes,
- Working with CMOS microelectronics,
- Familiarity with the Lab's Realize Product Procedures and drawing system.
- Electrical test,
- Environmental/radiation testing, burn-in, and/or qualification.
About the team:
The Post-Fab Technologies Group is part of Microsystems Engineering, Science, and Applications Center (MESA) complex which provides unique processing capability in semiconductor microfabrication. The Post-Fab Technologies (05236) organization is responsible for microelectronic packaging development, engineering and production activities with applications spanning microelectronics, MEMS, photonic systems, and RFICs. Post Fab Logistics is an organization that consolidates Post-Fab’s scheduling, and product realization functions to coordinate all in- and out-of-house packaging activities. The group is also responsible for representing the organization to various weapon system customers. This organization will also work closely with MESA colleagues in 05230, 05250, 05240, 05210, and 05290 to successfully deliver Mark Quality ASIC products.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.