Performance Assurance and Improvement Specialist
- Job Title
- Performance Assurance and Improvement Specialist
- Job ID
- Oak Ridge, TN
- Other Location
Performance Assurance and Improvement Specialist
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), supporting the United Cleanup Oak Ridge (UCOR) LLC contract, is in search of a Performance Assurance & Improvement (PA&I) Specialist, to support execution and improvement initiatives for mission-focused Performance Assurance programs. This position reports to the UCOR Performance Assurance Lead. Within L&A, this position reports to Oak Ridge Clean Up ECMS program VP. UCOR LLC is the prime contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE)/Environmental Management (EM).
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The Performance Assurance & Improvement Specialist will work under the direction of the Performance Assurance Lead; support effective and efficient implementation of the PA programs as described in DOE O 226.1 B; and drive mission focused continuous improvement initiatives in selected program areas. This position will be responsible for program development, measurable improvements in effectiveness, and efficient implementation of the following:
- Issues and Corrective Action Management
- Assessment Program
- Event Investigation
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Risk integration in PA processes
- This position will drive improvements through the following activities:
- Coach and mentor others to perform effective Causal Analysis and TROTS (The Rest of the Story)
- Facilitate continuous improvement activities, e.g., Kaizen and Rapid Improvement Events
- Support process owners in the implementation of improvement actions
- Measure improvement program success
- To be effective the PA&I specialist will Identify, analyze and effectively communicate issues and opportunities for improvement from multiple sources, e.g., observations, oversight activities, performance data, metrics, indicators, trends, causal analyses, event investigations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; at least 6 years of demonstrated and relevant experience.
- Understanding of the systems and practices used as part of UCOR’s PA System.
- Expert level oral and written communication and ability to interact with all levels of organization and with external agencies
- Adaptable and flexible, work independently or part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Willingness to learn new skills and software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values
- Trained/certified Causal Analysis
- Trained/certified in LEAN or LEAN Six Sigma (preferably to Green Belt or higher)
- Previous experience with nuclear or highly regulated / high hazard programs including experience with corrective action and Quality Assurance systems, Department Of Energy, Department Of Defense, Commercial Nuclear Power
- Knowledge of environmental remediation and waste management projects
- Experience using software application for Issues Management, Corrective Actions, etc.
LOCATION:This fulltime on-site position located at the UCOR office in Oak Ridge, TN. UCOR is conducting major cleanup activities at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the Y-12 National Security Complex as well as remedial activities at the East Tennessee Technology Park (ETTP). Cleanup missions on the Oak Ridge Reservation (ORR) focus on protecting people and the environment from industrial and chemical hazards while enabling current and future science and national security programs. As a DOE Voluntary Protection Star site—the highest safety designation for a DOE site—safety is a prerequisite for the performance of all work performed.
Working ConditionsWork is performed in an office setting.
Physical DemandsSuccessful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
COVID VaccineAll personnel are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their start date, unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. Fully vaccinated is currently defined as 2 weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series (i.e., Pfizer and Moderna), or 2 weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine (i.e., J&J/Janssen).
SALARY AND BENEFITSAs an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in- house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.