Contractor Assurance System Specialist
- Job Title
- Contractor Assurance System Specialist
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 84545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Contractor Assurance System (CAS) Specialist to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Laboratory supporting N3B.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The N3B Mission Assurance team are accountable for implementing an effective CAS through the application of applicable regulations, contract requirements, DOE Directives, and industry best practices using a graded approach to demonstrate N3B’s performance meets the requirements for environment, safety and health, quality assurance, integrated safety management; nuclear safety; safeguards and security, cyber security, emergency management and conduct of Operations. N3B CAS provides reasonable assurance that N3B management controls are effective and efficient and provides an integrated suite of risk-based software that:
- Supports open communication of mission objectives and contract requirements
- Measures outcomes, documents trends and drives improvement in performance
- Applies an effective framework of oversight and assurance
- Proactively identifies issues/deficiencies, mitigates risk and corrects problems to prevent recurrence
- Provides the platform for learning and improving
As the technical subject matter expert, the CAS Specialist will implement, monitor, and maintain as well as manage and improve N3B’s integrated suite of Devonway software. The successful candidate will lead the identification, reporting and resolution of Devonway software errors / problems, improve user interfaces and efficiencies, mitigate risk associated with software use, measure performance, results, and drive improvement. Working with all levels within N3B, the CAS Specialsit will assist management to review performance through an improvement-focused lens; and coach and mentor individuals in the implementation and benefit of the Devonway suite.
Specifically the CAS Specialist will:
- Perform as the N3B Devonway Subject Matter Expert
- Provide software implementation support and troubleshooting to users (front-end support)
- Perform role of Software Owner in accordance with N3B Software Quality Assurance for Devonway iCAS modules; and develop (and assists other software owners with the development of) Verification and Validation plans and perform and document Devonway software acceptance testing
- Manage the software service provider and development team to achieve the reporting and timely resolution of issues / errors; and development of requirements, prioritization and implementation of improvements
- Perform analyses of software performance and feedback to software service provider
- Assist N3B IT (as required) with back-end functionality, managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality, establishing the root causes of application errors and keeping a record of configuration changes and application updates
- Provide support to internal departments and clients
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering or similar, and / or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in one or combination of the following: Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Software Applications; Software Quality Assurance, Contractor Assurance fields
- Expert level math, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to handle communication with technical and non-technical peers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and customer support skills
- Analytical ability and innovative thinking to solve technical problems
- Adaptable and flexible
- Knowledge of business and specialized software and application
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program; and onsite access to Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on Department of Energy (DOE) sites and with DOE programs.
- Previous experience with nuclear or highly regulated / high hazard programs including experience with corrective action and Quality Assurance systems
- Knowledge of common programming languages and server scripting languages; familiarity with databases; and agile practices.
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor software performance.
- Proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and reporting / repairing them.
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
This position is primarily telework, with the occasional need to visit the Los Alamos site and perform field oversight and support activities, and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. When reporting onsite, this position will follow the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.