Quality Assurance Engineer 3
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance Engineer 3
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Quality Assurance Engineer 3 to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The main duties include, but are not limited to:
Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of processes, procedures and applications contributing to the overall objectives of maintaining an effective Quality Assurance (QA) program, including: product and process design/verification, product and process controls, continuous improvement, qualitative methods and tools and design and analysis of experiments.
Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and Laboratory objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods. Considered expert in field within the organization. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in the inability to reach crucial organizational objectives and may have a prolonged effect, as well as result in the expenditure of substantial resources. Work is accomplished without considerable direction. May coordinate activities of other personnel. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment, and determines the methods and procedures needed for new assignments.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, quality assurance, industrial systems engineering, or related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience,
- Additional consideration may be given to professionally recognized training and certifications in related fields.
- Ability to obtain a Q Clearance,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program,
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs,
- Expert-level knowledge of quality assurance regulatory, contractual, and technical documents, e.g., DOE O 414.1D, 10 CFR Part 830 Subpart A, and NQA-1-2008 and 2009 Addenda,
- Extensive experience reviewing procedures and other documents to verify quality requirements have been adequately addressed and flowed down as necessary,
- Demonstrated ability using engineering principles and concepts,
- Serving as a quality point-of-contact while interacting with management and personnel on a regular basis to support effective implementation of the quality program,
- Providing technical expertise and initiative in identifying areas to which quality assurance practices may be introduced or enhanced,
- Defining and monitoring performance metrics and reports that measure QA program and/or process performance,
- Expert level experience and demonstrated skill in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions, and recommending solutions on problems affecting quality assurance,
- Expert level skills to conceptualize and communicate QA concepts and applications to both technical and non-technical personnel,
- Expert level technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, and certification requirements,
- Performing duties of a Nonconformance Report Coordinator including the tracking, reporting, and fostering of timely closure of open nonconformance reports,
- Leading or participating in audits, surveillances, DOE reviews, and other assessment activities,
- Expert level knowledge preparing QA procedures for review, approval, and issues in accordance with requirements and/or standards.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this covid environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.