- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 84545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Project Manager to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to a small project management team by providing in coordinating and administering a project from proposal development through execution and closeout,
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the customer throughout the entire project to resolve problems and coordinate service functions,
- Provide oversight and line management for current staff,
- Position requires knowledge and experience in most aspects of project management and project control activities with the ability to become proficient in all,
- Experience in developing operating and financial plans,
- Some knowledge and skill in prime contract formation, negotiation and administration,
- Assist in the review of contract documents,
- Technical comprehension of engineering, procurement, and construction techniques, including their interfaces and interdependencies,
- Participates in planning and establishing schedules, forecasts, budgets, parameters, etc., and monitors progress to assure schedules are met and work is performed within budget,
- Skill in oral and written communication,
- Skill in applying team building concepts.
- 5+ years of project management experience,
- Knowledgeable of Federal government contracting.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program,
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs,
- Experience in federal contracting,
- Basic knowledge of and experience with project controls and/or project management, project budgets including cost estimating, cost control and cost analysis, project scheduling, implementation of corrective actions, developing and delivering detailed and accurate status reports and basic knowledge of and experience with engineering functions and principles required to understand and successfully implement and monitor technical projects,
- Basic knowledge of Earned Value Management.
Los Alamos, NM
This position requires 95%+ on-site work (minimal telework) and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory.
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this covid environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.