- Job Title
- Superintendent 3
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Superintendent to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
LANL is looking for an experienced Superintendent who is ready to be responsible for managing and overseeing some of the most sophisticated electrical and mechanical facilities and systems in the world. As a member of the Logistics Division, the Superintendent will be responsible for the execution and oversight of all work-related activities. As a Logistics Superintendent, you will be a part of highly creative, diverse, fast-paced, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenging problems in our Laboratories facilities. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of applying quality procedures and standards to ensure manufacturing processes meet customer requirements and meet company objectives.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Maintaining required safety and security training, assuring safety and security compliance, and making safety and security an integral part of every task.
- Examining production schedules, deadlines, and determining how to best schedule employees and activities to complete jobs safely and efficiently.
- Provide direct support in overseeing welding, sheet metal fabrication, CNC machine, as well as conventional machining operations and work with customers to provide the most efficient fabrication solutions.
- Direct the sequence of work for multi-discipline bargaining unit craft workers while operating within assigned areas. This work will typically consist of fabrication and sometimes installation.
- Five years of relevant field construction, manufacturing or maintenance facility operations experience.
- Demonstrated Manufacturing/Fabrication experience, familiarity with CNC Machine operation, conventional machining tools and processes, and must have thorough knowledge of sheet metal production in the field and in the shop.
- Experience with manufacturing safety procedures practices, and understanding of work hazards, safety practices, operating configuration, and lock-out/tag-out policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of government and industry regulations affecting facility maintenance and construction.
- Significant experience and skill with labor relations to include bargaining unit employees and understanding of collective bargaining agreements related to all trades.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and manipulate a computerized work management system in maintaining and tracking job activities.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining action to be performed on problems affecting the maintenance programs.
- Demonstrated skill in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret various physical, mechanical, and electrical documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and five years’ experience in maintenance and/or construction, or a combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of responsibilities and nothing in this description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.