R&D S&E Electrical Engineer (Experienced - 685407)
- Job Title
- R&D S&E Electrical Engineer (Experienced - 685407)
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM
- Other Location
Are you looking to start, or continue, a career supporting important U.S. national security missions? Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks motivated R&D Electrical Engineers (685407)
to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Sandia National Laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
- Plan and complete major test activities, perform analysis of component and integrated system data for system requirements verification and validation, and engage with external Government and Mission partners
- Conduct radiometric sensor test planning and execution
- Collaborate to develop data analysis methods and tools and conduct mission data analysis
- Perform remote sensing modeling and simulation, characterizing and optimizing sensing instrument performance, and technical analysis and design of next generation systems and data architectures to meet overall system mission performance and operational goals and requirements
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Optics, Physics or other relevant STEM field plus 2 years relevant experience; OR bachelor's degree in stated fields plus 6 years' relevant experience
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, or similar language for development of analysis tool
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test
- Must be a US Citizen,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program
Ideally, your background would also include some of the following:
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Optics, Physics or other relevant STEM field Familiarity with EO/IR remote sensing phenomenology Experience working on large, complex systems
- Experience with systems engineering and requirements verification
- Experience with image and/or signal processing and analysis Proficient in radiometry and electro-optics subject areas Proficient in C++, R, or other languages pertaining to algorithm development and support of analysis software
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal), including the development and delivery of presentations, proposals and reports
- Possess a strong dedication to positive teaming dynamic within a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- Familiarity with multi physics analysis/simulation of sensing instrument performance
- Creative technical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills Effective leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Interest in continued learning and expansion of technical capabilities Active DOE Q-level clearance with ability to obtain SCI
Sandia National Laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work on site.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.