Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer
- Job ID
- Oak Ridge, TN
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer to contribute to our mission supporting our work at UCOR.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as environmental regulatory SME in regard to environmental investigation/remediation/remedy implementation
- Collaborate with project teams, technical SMEs, legal, management, and client to ensure compliant and efficient regulatory path forward for investigation/remediation/monitoring of sites
- Promote “one-voice” regarding regulatory affairs
- Ensure new regulatory criteria is incorporated throughout regulatory deliverables
- Apply a strategic and forward-thinking approach to solve complex regulatory issues, and elevate, as necessary
- Review regulatory deliverables to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, cleanup levels, work plan adherence, and overall project strategy
- Participate in/facilitate regulator meetings regarding regulatory decisions affecting project completion
- Track status of regulatory deliverables and provide weekly updates
- Provide regulatory expertise to project teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher STEM and/or environmental-related degree
- 7-10 years minimum of related experience
- Technical experience with environmental site investigation/remediation planning, implementing, and/or reporting at DOE EM site
- Experience with CERCLA and/or RCRA regulatory framework
- Experience in working/negotiating with regulators for environmental cleanup
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and ability for critical thinking
- Communication of complex issues in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs
Oak Ridge, TN
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.