Document Control Specialist
- Job Title
- Document Control Specialist
- Job ID
- Oak Ridge, TN
- Other Location
Are you looking to start, or continue, a career supporting important U.S. national security missions? Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks motivated Document Control Specialists to contribute to our mission supporting our work at United Cleanup Oak Ridge (UCOR) in Oak Ridge, TN.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain project data management process and systems
- Provide functional advice and support to management for the implementation and maintenance of document control processes.
- Perform non-technical quality checks of incoming and outgoing engineering, procurement, subcontracts, supplier and third party documentation.
- Perform internal and external distribution of engineering, procurement, subcontracts, supplier and third party documentation.
- Maintain master project files (electronic and paper copies)
- Assist in turnover and/or storage of project files at end of project
- Understanding of the application of business processes in the Construction environment.
- Working knowledge of Document control software and SharePoint
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to implement and manage web-based document control systems
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a close attention to detail.
- Self-starter; able to seek out resources and structure own workflow.
- Strong consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, staff and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Library science or equivalent work experience in document control
- 5+ years experience in document controls
Oak Ridge, TN
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work on site
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.