R&D Electrical Engineer (685406)
- Job Title
- R&D Electrical Engineer (685406)
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM
- Other Location
Are you looking to start, or continue, a career supporting important U.S. national security missions? Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks motivated R&D Electrical Engineers (685406)
to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Sandia National Laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
We are seeking a motivated R&D Electrical Engineers to deliver creative solutions for the next generation transporter for the National Nuclear Security Administration. Join us in shepherding electronics modules through design, build, operational/environmental testing and qualification, including in full scale prototypes,
- Provide technical ownership of module design, integration, and qualification efforts towards delivery of the First Production Unit,
- Plan and perform build, testbed and integration activities,
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead and Project Controller to maintain and execute to the schedule for technical development activities,
- Work with the Production Integration Lead and the Production Agency to deliver designs and prepare for vehicle production,
- Partner with Systems Engineering and Qualification Teams on module, subsystem and system qualification and verification,
- Partner with suppliers on the development of components,
- Collaborate with other subsystem module teams to work integration issues, define interfaces, and meet project due dates,
- Potential minimal travel as required to support program efforts.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a Science/Engineering/Mathematics discipline plus (1) year of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree as stated above plus five (5) years of relevant experience
- Experience with:
- Designing and realizing electronic systems,
- Hardware product development lifecycle,
- Assembly, integration, and test of large systems,
- Production of electronic components,
- Project management experience including responsibilities for schedule, budget, and risk management.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoE Q-level security clearance and SCI level clearance, which may require a polygraph test,
- Must be a US Citizen,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program,
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
Ideally, your background would also include some of the following:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering,
- Mature problem-solving and teamwork skills and an ability to take broad direction and execute technical and programmatic aspects of the program without detailed guidance or supervision,
- A strong dedication to positive teaming dynamic, strong written and verbal skills, detail oriented with a keen focus on customer service,
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a diverse teaming environment,
- Experience in the design, analysis, realization, and testing of electrical products,
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and testing designs in Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) devices or microprocessor-based SoC devices,
- Familiarity with FPGA design tools and processes,
- Familiarity with High Level Synthesis tools and processes,
- Experience with programming and/or hardware descriptor languages, such as C++, Python, VHDL, or Verilog,
- Experience with engineering software tools, such as MATLAB or LabView,
- Experience using and writing applications for Linux (embedded Linux is a plus),
- Experience writing Linux device drivers,
- Understanding of systems engineering and design quality processes,
- Experience with electrical systems for satellite payloads, and/or aerospace programs,
- Proven ability to interpret requirements and design hardware in compliance with electrical and mechanical specifications,
- Proven ability to test and debug hardware and software systems, and/or familiarity with test equipment such as high-speed oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.,
- Oral and written communication skills, typically evidenced through technical publications and presentations,
- Ability to collaborate with commercial or contracted suppliers to acquire hardware, software, or custom components with appropriate procurement rigor,
- Experience in designing digital and/or analog circuitry including sensors in a variety of technologies,
- Embedded electronic systems modeling and simulation experience,
- System level experience mapping performance and ICD requirements to embedded system instances
- Familiarity with hardware and/or software requirements generation for verification, validation, and qualification,
- Interest leading multidisciplinary technical teams at the system level,
Sandia National Laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work on site.
About our team:
Global Security (Division 6000) protects the nation from threats at home and abroad by developing and
deploying integrated technical solutions and expertise to:
- Monitor and assess emerging threats,
- Protect materials and critical assets,
- Migate their effects through rapid identification, characterization, response, and recovery.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.