Contractor Assurance Specialist
- Job Title
- Contractor Assurance Specialist
- Job ID
- Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates, supporting the NNSS Protective Force Security (PFS) contract, is in search of a Contractor Assurance Specialist, supporting the Mission Assurance organization. This position reports directly to the Environment, Safety & Health Manager. (SOC, LLC is the Protective Force prime contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).) The 1,360-square mile Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) is an experimental testing facility and training ground supporting a variety of nuclear nonproliferation and advanced-technology missions vital to national security. NNSS contributes to the safety, reliability, and security of the nuclear weapons stockpile through scientific experiments supporting the science-based Stockpile Stewardship Program. While periodic visits to North Las Vegas will be required, the primary place of duty performance is the NNSS.
From a Contractor Assurance perspective, responsible for developing and implementing the Environment, Safety & Health (ES&H) program in relation to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Energy (DOE) Worker Safety and Health Program (WSHP), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and any other applicable regulations, standards and codes. Conduct technical reviews and health hazard evaluations in the area of industrial safety and industrial hygiene. Perform Independent and Management Assessments, as required. Execute the Respirator and Ear Plug Fit Test Programs for the Protective Force. Successful acceptance in the Human Reliability Program (HRP) is required.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform assessments of work areas and activities to ensure compliance with applicable SOC-Nevada Contractor ES&H requirements
- Perform respirator and ear plug fit tests and ensure associated equipment is functional. Maintain copies of respirator tests and computer database.
- Conduct safety and health inspections for buildings that are under the stewardship of this contract in accordance with applicable DOE/NNSA requirements to ensure that operations are conducted in a safe manner.
- Establish and maintain coordination points of contact with NNSA/NFO and the M&O contractor regarding ES&H compliance issues
- Provide SOC-Nevada Contractor ES&H oversight required to meet federal, state, and departmental standards.
- Assist in managing the Company Integrated Safety Management System.
- Serve as Company Laser Safety Officer and administers the Laser Safety Program.
- Perform duties associated with the DOE Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
- Assist with accident/injury investigations and reporting, investigate employee ES&H concerns.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable ES&H regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Administration of the Hazard Communication Program and conduct Hazardous Substance Inventories
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of ES&H policies, plans and procedures.
- Perform ES&H inspections, assessments and evaluations of Company facilities and work activities.
- Represent the Company on site-wide ES&H panels, committees and boards.
- Perform functions associated with the Pollution Prevention Program.
- Administer Company Environmental Management Program, review Real Estate Operating Permits (REOPS) and projects for environmental impacts.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field or demonstrated and relevant experience in lieu of degree and 5 years’ experience.
- Able to utilize independent judgment, creativity, and initiative to resolve problems and ensure that requirements are completed efficiently, on time, and are cost-effective.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization with different types of personnel and communication styles in a tactful, professional, influencing, motivating manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Able to function as an effective team member working to meet the goals of the team.
- Able to plan/organize work to complete in the most efficient manner and meet required deadlines.
- Able to set and manage priorities and pressures of handling multiple tasks, and time constraints.
- Able to learn and use software applications needed in the position, including analytical software, word processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, and database software.
- Knowledge of basic math, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q-clearance.
- Must maintain Human Reliability Program status.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, local laws regulations, OSHA, Code of Federal Regulation, National Electrical Safety, National Fire Protection Regulations, DOE security system and applicable orders.
- Must possess strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with multiple organizations, including federal counterparts.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program.
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at the NNSS facility in North Las Vegas. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.