Safety Basis Analyst
- Job Title
- Safety Basis Analyst
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Safety Basis Analyst 4 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
The Safety Basis Analyst 4 responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Leading and performing nuclear and non-nuclear risk and hazard analyses to ensure safe operation of nuclear and/or non-nuclear facilities.
- hazard identification, hazard analysis, facility hazard categorization, accident analysis, selection of controls, and
- development of associated safety basis documents including unreviewed safety question determinations, documented safety analysis, technical safety requirements, safety assessment documents, facility safety plans, and facility safety analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience writing a 3009-2014 compliant DSAs.
- Knowledge of Insight.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Working knowledge and experience at RANT, WETF, and/or P&T is desired.
- Ability to analyze data, and understand organizational disparities, as well as implementing solutions to address such areas.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance.
- Must pass a review by the Safety Basis Division Qualification Review Board.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
- A minimum of fifteen years of related experience.
- Equivalent education and experience appropriate for performing safety analysis work may be considered.
- Requires passing a review by the Safety Basis Division Qualification Review Board.
- Knowledge of Insight is also necessary.
- Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.