Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job ID
- Portsmouth , OH
- Other Location
OVERVIEWLongenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a qualified Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at the Portsmouth Paducah Project Office (PPPO). L&A is a member of the Enterprise Technical Assistance Service, Inc (E-TAS), the team providing integrated support to the DOE PPPO. This individual will be stationed in Portsmouth, OH and serve as the primary point of contact responsible/accountable for ensuring satisfactory Quality Assurance Oversight of operations on the Portsmouth site. This position functions as the QA Lead for the Portsmouth site, working under the direction of the PPPO QA Functional Area Manager and the Portsmouth Program Manager, and working closely with the counterpart QA Lead at the Paducah site and other staff members.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts. L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
POSITION DESCRIPTIONThe oversight roles and responsibilities of the E-TAS team are defined in the Performance Work Statement of the PPPO Technical Support Services contract and encompass oversight activities in 3 geographic locations, over five DOE prime contractors. It is the mission and vision of E-TAS to operate synergistically, integrating activities at the 3 sites to make optimal use of the expertise and resources within the team, while ensuring the safe and effective conduct of environmental cleanup at the sites. Therefore, all team members are likely to support activities outside their primary function and area of responsibility.
This individual will interface directly with various stakeholders, including the PPPO organization, E-TAS management and staff, Quality Assurance personnel, and other PPPO subcontractors, to ensure continuous coordination/communication regarding implementation and maintenance of the PPPO QA Program Plan (QAPP), including polices, plans and procedures. This individual shall ensure that all work products produced comply with the PPPO QAPP. Specific work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and perform QA Independent Assessments and surveillance of PPPO Project activities in accordance with the current PPPO Assessment Plan, or as needed.
- Perform QA audits and surveillances; provide oversight support during management assessments; provide QA support for accident investigation reporting, and Readiness Reviews, and support DOE with external assessments.
- Support federal readiness/management reviews of PPPO contractor’s operations, industrial activities, etc., including development of review plans and reports.
- Assist with drafting and updating DOE QA documents such as PPPO policies, plans and procedures, and coordinate QA program updates.
- Serves as assessment coordinator for the Portsmouth site, including securing required resources, statusing assessments, and supporting the development of yearly surveillance/assessment plans.
- Develop audit and surveillance plans including Criteria Review Approach Documents for audits and surveillances.
- Develop final audit and surveillance reports and coordinate factual accuracy of audit and surveillance reports.
- Evaluate corrective action plans generated by site contractors.
- Track QA deliverables submitted under this contract, as well as those submitted by the onsite contractors.
- Review DOE directives as they relate to the PPPO functions, responsibilities, and authorities; provide implementation recommendations and possible impacts to existing programs and processes.
- Provide recurring events analysis as required by DOE O 232.2.
- Manage database to record onsite contractor performance in the areas of nonconformances, issues or deficiencies, corrective actions and corrective action closure and verification.
- Maintain the Management Tracking System.
- Prepare and distribute “Lessons Learned” reports to encourage improvements of onsite contractor performance.
- Review and comment on technical reports produced by the PPPO prime contractors overseen by DOE PPPO and E-TAS.
- Nuclear quality assurance experience, especially at DOE site(s)
- Audit and surveillance experience
- Supplier oversight experience
- Conduct of Operations and Readiness Review experience
- Continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective and preventive action
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- High energy
- Seeks out challenging assignments
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of NQA-1 requirements and principles, or similar quality requirements and principles
- Demonstrated understanding of DOE Order 414.1D, DOE Order 226.1B, 10 CFR830 Subpart A
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
- General knowledge of DOE facilities and missions, particularly experience that includes supporting readiness reviews on nuclear processes and activities
- Advanced analytical and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a high paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
- Causal analysis experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, and/or physics from an accredited college or university
- Fifteen years of QA experience on DOE projects
- Extensive experience in working with DOE O 414.1D, 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and NQA-1
- Extensive experience in developing and conducting assessments and surveillances
- Extensive experience with oversight of DOE contractor’s QA programs
- Extensive experience in managing programmatic oversight requirements between sites in supporting field oversight personnel
- Supervisory experience over a small group of quality professionals in an administrative or production environment
- Ability to lead and support audit and surveillance efforts to identify and assess quality issues, deficiencies, and potential non-compliances
- Active NQA-1 Lead Auditor certification or ability to be requalified in the case of a lapsed certification
- DOE experience
- D&D (Deactivation & Decommissioning), D&R (Decommissioning and Remediation) or S&M (Surveillance & Maintenance) project experience
- Nuclear facility experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasional and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or fee, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
SALARY AND BENEFITSAs an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.