Professional Staff Assistant
- Job Title
- Professional Staff Assistant
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Professional Staff Assistant 1 to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Lab.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation, and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing resource and project management
- Conducting research and assembling data for assigned specialized reports, presentations, and/or planning documents
- Planning meetings and conferences
- Assisting in the analysis, design, and implementation of business, operational, and/or programmatic initiatives to ensure organizational objectives
- Minimum of two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate coursework may be expected at this level
- Security clearance requirements,
- Specific technical skills, software, experience,
- Critical soft skills or traits,
- Demonstrated ability to perform data entry tasks accurately across multiple spreadsheet-type repositories,
- Existing exposure or experience with data analysis techniques
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Q clearance.
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program.
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs,
Los Alamos, NM
This position requires 95%+ on-site work (minimal telework) and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory).
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this covid environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.