Solutions Architect 4
- Job Title
- Solutions Architect 4
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Solutions Architect 4 to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Lab.
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
Working alongside some of the brightest minds, you will work with a team using agile development methodologies that supports existing custom and COTS applications. You will also design, develop, test and deploy new functionality to any new or existing applications the team is working on. Beyond daily tasks needed on the team, in this role, you will also provide technical leadership to the team and group by providing future vision, determining Laboratory‐wide requirements and incorporating them into COTS or custom solutions. As a principal architect, you will be responsible for oversight and development of project documentation, schedules, and resource utilization through coordination with Scrum Master and Product Owner.
In this role, you will also be looking at modernization of current .Net applications as well as researching and evaluating other tech stacks. You will also be providing technical mentorship to junior members of the team along with architectural direction for complex systems. We are looking for someone who has a strong desire to learn new technologies, business processes, to become an expert in their field, and the willingness and confidence to develop advanced concepts, techniques, and standards based on professional principles and theories in developing safety‐class, mission‐ critical software.
A selected candidate will be responsible to:
- Designing and optimizing existing DB designs for custom .Net applications.
- Designing and authoring RESTful and/or SOAP web services.
- Analyze and define business requirements and preparing technical designs.
- Design and develop business solutions and/or integration solutions from the ground up with utilization of design patterns.
- Design, develop, and test integration solutions between custom and various COTS products.
- Contribute to the designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and evaluating of software to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with customers and colleagues.
- Work independently and/or with the Scrum Team on Projects.
- Provide knowledge transfer to Technical staff.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and 10-15 years’ experience
The candidate should have a complete and extensive understanding of:
- Professional experience using multiple programming languages and frameworks, such as .NET, MEAN/MERN, or React JS.
- Experience with utilizing Oracle Databases.
- Experience with designing, working and utilizing relational and non‐relational Databases.
- Experience consuming and authoring RESTful and/or SOAP web services.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing business solutions and integration solutions from the ground up with utilization of design patterns.
- Knowledge of the DevSecOps culture and principles and experience with CI/CD development, and deployment of software in diverse application environments
- Experience with software configuration management and software quality assurance methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices.
- Experience analyzing and defining business requirements and preparing technical designs.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program.
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience supporting, integrating, and extending Cloud applications.
- Experience utilizing AWS or Azure.
- Experience utilizing tools such as Jira, GitLab and/or Confluence.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs.
Los Alamos, NM
This position is expected to be on-site work (minimal telework) and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory.
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this covid environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.