Operations Specialist 4
- Job Title
- Operations Specialist 4
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Operations Specialist to contribute to our mission supporting our work at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The Operations Specialist provides general direction, guidance, data analysis, and/or operational support to a facility in order to ensure the implementation and integration of operational and programmatic functions. They provide direction in administering, implementing, and resolving performance, compliance, administrative, or technical programs and issues in direct or indirect support of operations functions including, but not limited to, unusual facility occurrences, internal assessments, external audits, and new program implementation. The main duties include, but are not limited to:
- HR-ITS leads the lab wide assessments on training programs and is in the process of updating internal training policies driving lab wide training procedures per DOE O426.2, Personnel Selection, Training, Qualification, and Certification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities,
- Leading assessments requires talents in the areas of team leadership, expertise in DOE O 426.2, CFR 1070-94 and internal training policies, assessment engagement research, investigation and corrective action plans, as well as advanced oral and written communication skills,
- Provide technical and non-technical training and education program services to Los Alamos National Laboratory,
- Work with customers and stakeholders to design, develop and implement training programs in accordance with applicable regulatory drivers and contractual requirements,
- Evaluate and assess Laboratory training program effectiveness,
- Represent the Laboratory before regulatory agencies on matters pertaining to the institutional training program.
- Position typically requires a BA/BS, MA/MS and a minimum of six years of related experience,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered,
- At this level, post graduate course work may be expected.
- Ability to obtain and hold a Q-Level DOE security clearance,
- Independently develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors,
- Accomplish work without considerable direction,
- Coordinate activities of other personnel,
- Exercise significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment, and determine the methods and procedures needed for new assignments,
- A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience,
- Uses industry concepts and Laboratory objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways,
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program,
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs.
Los Alamos, NM
This position requires 95%+ on-site work (minimal telework) and is contingent on ability to gain site access to Los Alamos National Laboratory. LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this COVID environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.