- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for an Administrative Assistant 2 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
The Administrative Assistant 2 is expected to:
· Provide administrative support for a wide variety of generalized office-related activities.
· Track and convey messages
· Generate internal and external correspondence
· Maintain electronic and hardcopy files
· Coordinate calendars, schedules, meeting logistics, and travel arrangements
· Order supplies
· Serve as a resource for staff regarding established administrative policies and procedures.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that consistently exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Full understanding of specialized area plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
· Typically requires 1-4 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory and may be subject to DOE Order 426.2, Personnel Selection, Training, and Qualification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities. This DOE Order establishes entry-level requirements to ensure employees in the positions can successfully perform the requirements of the job. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.