- Job Title
- Work Planner
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Work Control Planner 4 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
The Work Control Planner 4’s responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
· Develop and/or review work packages including time, material, and labor estimates, written step-by-step work instructions, procedures, and/or safety and testing requirements for the implementation and control of operations, maintenance, or modification of work activities within a given facility or area.
· Specific planning duties may be related to mechanical, electrical, chemical and/or radiological equipment, policies, and procedures and may also include resolving work restraints and bringing work packages to final closure.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that consistently exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Expert knowledge with real property management techniques and tools.
2. Expertise in the principles and practices of planning and design, transportation planning, organizing, and oversight/management of complex research projects.
3. Considerable knowledge of the theory, principles and techniques of the planning profession and development process.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to analyze data, and understand organizational disparities, as well as implementing solutions to address such areas.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
· Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree 8 years experience for Work Planner level 3 and 12 years of related experience for Work Planner level 4 or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
- Nuclear Experience
- Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.