Project Controls Analyst
- Job Title
- Project Controls Analyst
- Job ID
- Berkeley, CA 94720
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Project Controls Analyst to contribute to the mission of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). LBNL develops science and technology solutions for the world by bringing together multidisciplinary teams of researchers and creating world-class tools for scientific discovery.
- Develop, project control work process, tools and procedures tailored to construction projects ranging in size from $100M-$400M, as required by the customer. Collaborate with project team to maintain the monthly business rhythm calendar and monthly reporting.
- Prepare the monthly project report for line-item projects
- Prepare variance reports using earned value management techniques and procedures
- Work with Project Managers and Control Account Managers to maintain project baseline and collecting status monthly
- Oversee the production of project schedule and milestones, ensuring horizontal and vertical traceability within the project controls system.
- Implement and monitor the project control system and present summaries, reports and analysis to the project manager.
- Prepare analytical or data-based recommendations to the project management team.
- Work closely with the project team, prepare reports as required.
- Ensure that coordination of project control systems is maintained through quality assurance.
- Forecast project budgets and expenditures throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Train, supervise and mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of at least five years.
- Understanding general project controls technical skills and the integration of all of the components of an Earned Value Management System with DOE 413.3 and EIA 748 guidelines including organizational, planning, accounting, analysis and revision process areas.
- DOE Project Management, or other relevant federal project management experience.
- Proficient in MS- Office suites, mainly MS- Excel, advanced functions/ formulas.
- MBA is an added advantage.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to carry out necessary tasks, independently minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to handle a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a challenging atmosphere.
- Inherent skill to handle various intricacies of project management.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.