- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for an Electrical Engineer to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). As an Electrical Engineer assigned to Systems Engineering, the candidate will serve as the subject matter expert and Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for the N3B Electrical Safety Program. The candidate is expected to support electrical engineering design, installation, inspection, and acceptance for N3B facilities and activities.
While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, the Electrical Engineer will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security..
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Serving as the authority and having jurisdiction for the N3B Electrical Safety Program.
- Performing power system studies including short circuit and arc flash analyses.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert on electrical codes and standards.
- Providing oversight and technical guidance on electrical designs.
- Inspecting and accepting electrical installations as an agent for the N3B Building Official.
- Implementing the N3B Conduct of Engineering Program.
- Perform audits and assessments of the Electrical Safety Program.
- Perform electrical safety training.
- Demonstrated broad-based experience with electrical design in new or existing facilities.
- Significant experience with electrical systems in non-reactor, nuclear facilities.
- Significant experience in the application of national codes and standards for electrical engineers including the IBC, NEC, and NFPA 70E.
- Demonstrated experience as an electrical inspector.
- Proficient in MS Office to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors' of Science degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- A minimum of 9 years of experience as an electrical engineer.
- Professional Engineer certification in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of responsibilities and nothing in this description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.