SME Project Management 4
- Job Title
- SME Project Management 4
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Subject Matter Expert in Project Management Level 4 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Manages and ensures the timely completion of discrete technical or operational projects.
- Establishes technical requirements for the project.
- Defines project deliverables, budgets, and schedules.
- Oversees the project team in the planning, tracking, and execution of the project from initiation to completion.
- Expert-level knowledge of and consultative experience in all aspects of project management and project controls of technical or operational work, including developing project plans, work breakdown structures, and work packages; managing to scope, schedule, budget, and technical baselines; and documenting baseline reports and change control actions.
- Expert-level knowledge of the technical or operational discipline of the assigned project.
- Expert-level knowledge of regulatory and Laboratory requirements related to the assigned project.
- Consultative experience in developing and nurturing effective high-level internal and/or external customer relationships.
- Proven ability to successfully plan, organize, lead, and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to completion.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel; building trust, gaining consensus, and resolving conflicts.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- PhD or Master's degree with specialized training or Bachelor's degree with extensive specialized training applicable to special needs of task.
- Prefer one of the following: PE, PMP or other industry or professional license or certification.
- 25 or more years of experience; 20 or more years in a highly specialized area applicable to the special or unique needs of the task; recognized as a national leader in applicable subject matter.
- Q-level DOE clearance is preferred, but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of responsibilities and nothing in this description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.