- Job Title
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for an Estimator Level 3 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities for projects or proposals.
- Coordinates task execution with other Project Controls staff.
- Performs data analysis identifying problems and makes recommendations.
- Performs control activities for project and/or proposal efforts.
- Performs historical data analysis and maintains historical databases.
- Supports estimate reporting and reviews.
- Provides technical direction to assigned personnel when delegated.
- Supports training activities, as needed.
- Executes simultaneous tasks within broadly defined parameters.
- Lead the development on non-complex EPC and Expense Services Project estimates for projects of $20M and below.
- Support a Senior Estimator in larger Capital Line Item Projects and/or Expense Projects.
- Responsible for preparing cost/schedule products for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Provides input on the level of effort required (cost/job hours) through coordination with the various functions and/or vendors and consolidates input for costing.
- Prepare feasibility and life cycle cost estimates to support design evolution as well as perform and review methodology for quantity takeoffs form design drawings for multidiscipline sections customizing to reflect best effort.
- Experience estimating for EPC and/or Expense Services projects.
- Strong business, systems, and mathematical background.
- Demonstrated applied analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience preparing cost estimates with their corresponding job scopes.
- Experience in making decisions; researching, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Experience performing quantity takeoffs for EPC or Services activities.
- Experience in conducting basic material detail pricing.
- Strong communication skills including presentation development and report writing.
- Knowledge of EPC estimating methods, processes and procedures, with estimating types, classifications and components.
- Experience in Lump Sum Design Build estimates.
- Extensive experience in detail level estimates and design packages.
- Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis and cost price analysis.
- Must be familiar with engineering and construction codes and standards.
- Experience working on multiple projects with conflicting and often changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, management, and external customers.
- Multidiscipline EPC and/or Services experience working on projects.
- Experience with WinEst or other relational database software and integration with scheduling and performance measurement systems.
- Experience with RS Means.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of eight years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Engineering, Construction, Mathematics or Management preferred.
- At this level, post graduate course work may be desirable.
- Q-level DOE clearance is preferred, but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of responsibilities and nothing in this description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.