Production Control Specialist
- Job Title
- Production Control Specialist
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Production Control Specialist 2 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
The Production Control Specialist is expected to:
· Execute authorized demand for products across product families and within production line and according to a master production schedule to meet programmatic productive demand.
· Applies general and working knowledge of manufacturing processes and product definition and structure in a product family or within a production line.
· Executes resource-scheduling functions following production plans.
· Performs manufacturing resource planning processes according to authorized boundary conditions.
· Performs shop floor scheduling and status management processes including inventory control and management.
· Designated Procurement Representative functions in support of maintaining manufacturing inventory levels and nuclear facility-related equipment and spare levels.
· Works with operational manufacturing and quality personnel to integrate real-time scheduling issues and manage of work control and release for product families or production lines.
· Transforms master production schedules into established inventory levels and work-in-process to control short-range manufacturing schedules.
· Works with purchasing functions in obtaining material, equipment and services. Executes work such that quality and manufacturing documentation and configuration management requirements are met.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that consistently exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Full understanding of specialized area plus working knowledge of other related fields. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives. Works under limited direction; receives general instructions on new assignments. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Determines approach to solutions, plans schedule and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
· Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
· Position typically requires a baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, or equivalent years of relevant experience in lieu of degree requirement and 5 years practical work experience
· Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory and may be subject to DOE Order 426.2, Personnel Selection, Training, and Qualification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities. This DOE Order establishes entry-level requirements to ensure employees in the positions can successfully perform the requirements of the job.
As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.