Nuclear Specialist 2
- Job Title
- Nuclear Specialist 2
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Nuclear Specialist 2 to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
Nuclear Specialist 2 will:
· Be responsible for assigned nuclear material management activities, including but not limited to nuclear materials inventory analysis, reporting, forecasting and distribution to meet Laboratory and Department of Energy- (DOE)-level customer needs and requirements.
· Collects nuclear material inventory data to assist managers in optimizing processing, shipping, storage and disposition of nuclear material.
· Apply general and working knowledge of Laboratory special nuclear materials processing, storage, control, disposition and distribution.
· Interact occasionally with DOE/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex-wide nuclear materials management counterparts.
· Participates in work process improvements to meet customer needs.
· Potentially lead projects and supervise the work of others.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that consistently exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the use of automated inventory, accounting software or use of large-scale database systems.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to analyze data, and understand organizational disparities, as well as implementing solutions to address such areas.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
· Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory and may be subject to DOE Order 426.2, Personnel Selection, Training, and Qualification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities. This DOE Order establishes entry-level requirements to ensure employees in the positions can successfully perform the requirements of the job.
As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.