Operations Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Operations Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for Operations Specialists to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
· Provides general direction, guidance, data analysis, and/or operational support to a facility in order to ensure the implementation and integration of operational and programmatic functions.
· Provides direction in administering, implementing, and resolving performance, compliance, administrative, or technical programs and issues in direct or indirect support of operations functions including, but not limited to, unusual facility occurrences, internal assessments, external audits, and new program implementation
· Oversee and coordinate on-site assessment teams; prepare, organize, and maintain electronic documentation records for review, logistical coordination; and coordinate and support closeout of findings.
· Work with participating organizations including construction, radiological protection, criticality safety, fire safety, nuclear safety, waste management, Material Control & Accountability, physical security, glovebox/room/wing coordination, facility operations, and analytical chemistry/materials characterization groups to coordinate readiness activities.
· Proven success working independently and as a contributing team member and being able to interact effectively with all members of an Integrated Project Team (IPT); building trust, gaining consensus, and resolving conflicts.
· Ability to develop and nurture effective mid-level internal and external customer relationships.
· Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or similar applications.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentations to various audiences as well as applying team building concepts.
· Demonstrated experience working effectively and calmly under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities, to take the initiative and assume responsibility for organization, prioritization and following multiple tasks to completion.
· Demonstrated skill in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions, and recommending solutions on problems identified while completing work tasks.
· Experience completing assigned tasks within allotted time and being able to take on additional tasks when needed.
· Position requires a bachelor’s degree in a related technical field from an accredited institution and 5 years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.