- Job Title
- Program Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for several Program Managers to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
The program manager provides leadership and overall management of an assigned technical or operational portfolio, which may be large or small in total budget and may encompass one or more discrete programs. The program manager brokers with customers and individual researchers or research groups/programs to determine what work will be done to meet the customers needs, general timeframes, and funding requirements.
The program manager is expected to develop working relationships that span existing internal and/or external institutional missions and extend into new opportunities as policies, missions, and opportunities evolve. Programs are a complex set of related activities needed to produce products or services over time to meet customer requirements within a given mission area. Programs are often ongoing over multiple years and evolve in response to the customers changing needs. The customer may be an external body, such as a federal agency, or may be an internal organization within the Laboratory.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that consistently exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with project management techniques and tools for defining program work scope, schedules, budgets, priorities, and performance milestones; developing cost, scope, and schedule baselines; reporting cost and schedule variance; and managing change control and risk.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and Laboratory requirements related to programmatic work of assigned portfolios
- Experience working in two or more of the following fields: IT Implementation, business process, compliance, or operation optimization.
- Experience in interacting effectively with all levels of internal personnel; building trust, gaining consensus, and resolving conflicts
- Expert level knowledge in change management and process improvement principles
- Demonstrated experience with project management techniques and tools for maintaining scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to analyze data, and understand organizational disparities, as well as implementing solutions to address such areas.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience with essential duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
· Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- PM 2 needs 5 years directly related technical and project management experience
- PM 3 needs 8 years directly related technical and project management experience
- PM 4 needs 12 years directly related technical and project management experience
- Experience working on a DOE site is preferred but not required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.