Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a motivated Control Account Manager (CAM) to contribute to our mission supporting our work at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
L&A is a woman-owned small business and trusted partner enabling critical missions across the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) complex for more than 30 years. We contribute to DOE’s nuclear security and environmental remediation enterprise by providing the highest-caliber staff and experts.
L&A is unconditionally committed to mission success and the well-being of employees, the nation, and the environment. Our team members are passionate about building a healthier environment for generations to come. We are a community that interfaces and effectively communicates with all levels of management and government. If you have a passion for excellence, seek opportunities to engage in mission critical work, and consistently exceed expectations, apply now to join our professional family.
The Control Account Manager (CAM) is a member of the project management team and is the focal point for management control of the scope of work. The CAM is the single point of contact for management of the Control Account (CA). The CAM has the authority and responsibility for planning, budgeting, managing, and controlling of costs, schedule, and technical performance for a CA. The CAM is a core member of the cross-functional group: Integrated Project Team (IPT). The CAM identifies risks and opportunities and supports project team meetings, project reviews, status updates, trends, and other emergent request from federal sponsors. The CAM is accountable to the Project Manager for Control Account performance and reports status to internal stakeholders as required by the project.
- Position requires a Bachelors’ degree in Construction or Project Management, Business Management, Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution and 12 years of directly related experience,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation (business, construction, engineering, or project controls) will be considered,
- At this level, post graduate course work may be expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience and knowledge in Project Management and Controls methodologies,
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, and schedule development,
- Experience in estimating, cost control, and variance reporting and analysis,
- Experience in managing and leading projects throughout phases: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closeout,
- Knowledge of engineering and/or construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience,
- Experience with successful implementation and maintenance of EVMS principles and techniques that complies with EIA-748 in U.S. Government facilities, programs, and/or projects,
- Advanced knowledge of using personal computer operating systems and general computer applications and software, including several basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills,
- Experience leading teams, organizations, programs, or projects with significant fiscal and programmatic responsibilities,
- Knowledge and experience of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to lead without positional authority,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, customers, and stakeholders,
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow both internal and external organizational relationships,
- Demonstrated experience in effective decision-making and creative problem solving.
- Ability to obtain and hold a Q-Level DOE security clearance,
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment,
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program,
- Ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on DOE sites and programs,
- Current DOE Q Clearance preferred.
Los Alamos, NM
This position requires 95%+ on-site work (infrequent telework) and is contingent on the ability to gain site access to the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns. The health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. During this covid environment, this position will continue to report on site following the New Mexico health guidelines. We have taken all the recommended safety measures to provide a safe work environment.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Successful candidates will be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and the descriptions listed do not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks, and mandatory vaccination.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As an L&A employee, you will be eligible for a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare (medical and dental), 401K plan, and paid time off. We believe in investing in our employees beyond compensation and as an L&A employee, you will have access to in-house training, career pathing, mentoring, award programs, tuition reimbursement and much more.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.