- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Albuquerque, NM 87123
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks Electrical Engineers who have experience developing secure transportation systems to support NNSA’s Office of Secure Transportations (OST). Previous experience and knowledge of the Safeguards Transporter (SGT) is preferred but not required. Individual will work collaboratively with technical staff and Federal Staff on high priority nuclear weapons transportation.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
Sandia National Laboratory is institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
Collaborate on the design, development, and integration of command, control, and communication technologies used in specialized transportation security systems
- Experience using a wide range of technologies, including analog and digital electronics, lasers, optical fiber, RF technologies, software and firmware development, and testers
- Research experience in the areas of high consequence software systems, custom embedded circuit design, wireless network communications, intelligent power conditioning and distribution, navigation systems, and sensors
- 2 years' experience developing, analyzing, and testing technologies for electrical communications systems applications
- Experience in one or more of the following design areas:
- Analog circuit design
- Embedded system design
- FPGA firmware development
- Active US DOE Q security clearance
- Proven strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of management, subject matter experts and external agencies.
- Active Q clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Access Authorization (security clearance) eligibility requirements, as required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years’ experience providing highly specialized technical and management support to the nuclear and environmental industries worldwide. Our staff of nearly 400 professionals offer a broad range of expertise in the areas of project management and operations, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and safety.
Our team spans more than 14 project sites and national laboratories across the United States primarily servicing federal clients and prime contractors including the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and their International counterparts.
L&A is an organization built on a set of core values. ‘Honesty and integrity above all else’, “Foster trust and loyalty among our team and with our clients”, “Always work as a team and support one another” and our other values are not just words; they underpin everything we do and every decision we make. Our company and our staff are widely respected both personally and professionally as a result and we are recognized by our customers and peers as delivering quality work, to budget and schedule. We are committed to making a positive impact in our local communities and are well known for our generous support of worthy causes such as scholarships to support workforce development and to historically disadvantaged institutions, as well as in support of our veterans, and other charitable organizations.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.